The Simonds ROCK-A-THON will be on Friday, October 20th from 3:15-6:00pm.
Important Dates and Steps for a Successful Walk-A-Thon are listed below the sign-ups.
pledge and walk
- Friends and family donate here!
- Participation waiver
- $50.00 minimum donations for t-shirt and lap prizes (laps will get marked on the back of t-shirt)
walk for fun
- Participation waiver only
- Participation plus $10.00 donation for lap card including prizes
- Donate your time to help make Simonds Walk-A-Thon a successful event
Online Registration and iVolunteer begin
Pledge sheets and packet go home in Monday white envelope
Teacher Treat and Silent Auction lists go home
Registration and pledge deadline for t-shirts
Rock N Roll Spirit Day!
Coloring sheets due for Golden Ticket drawing
October 16 Teacher Treat mobile bidding live
October 17 ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES
October 18 WAT t-shirts delivered to classrooms, Golden Ticket winners announced
October 20 WALK-A-THON 3:15-6:00pm
Registration opens at 2:00pm
Teacher Treat mobile bidding closes at 5:00pm
Steps for a Successful Walk-A-Thon
Collect pledges from neighbors, family, and friends! Cash and checks made out to SMTF can be returned in the attached envelope. Pledges can also be made online using a credit card. Simply go online to smtf.org and click on the Walk-A-Thon tab.
Remember EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE!! Each student who turns in a minimum of $50.00 in pledges before October 13th will receive a student designed t-shirt and lap prizes. WAT t-shirts are part of the Simonds school uniform and can be worn on any school day. Reminder: Students will get their laps marked on the BACK of their t-shirt, not on a lap card.
Choose your level of participation:
- Walk for fun + $50.00 minimum donation for t-shirt and lap prizes (laps will get marked on back of t-shirt) t-shirts will be distributed to classrooms on 10/17
- Walk for fun + $10.00 donation for lap card and prizes (Jr. Walkers: and/or Simonds Siblings) Lap cards available for purchase day of event
- Walk for fun
There will be prizes for:
· The class in each grade that raises the most money
· The class in each grade with highest participation
· The individual top pledge earner in each grade
· The individual top lap walker in each grade
· The top pledge earner for the school
· The top lap walker for the school
What to expect on the day of the Walk-A-Thon?
- All students who have pre-registered and paid a minimum of $50.00 must wear their Walk-A-Thon t-shirt. Laps will be marked on the back of the shirt, and in order to qualify for prizes, lap totals must be recorded before the “Last Lap” table closes.
- Day of event registration will be available starting at 2pm. Pledges can be cash or check (checks made to SMTF). T-shirt sizes may be limited and only received with a minimum pledge of $50.00. Lap cards available with a $10.00 donation for Jr. Walkers, or those who wish to get lap prizes without a t-shirt.
- 3:15 Golden Ticket winners will line up for the first lap with Mrs. Monroe. The Walk-A-Thon will open to all other walkers when that lap is completed.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE AN ADULT CHAPERONE ON THE PREMISES AT ALL TIMES WHILE WALKING.
- Lap prizes are given for 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, laps.
- There will be food trucks and drinks available for your purchase. We know kids get hungry after school so there will be plenty of options to fuel them (and you) during the Walk-A-Thon! A snack shack will also be available with water and small treats.
- A fabulous MC will be on the mic and providing music to keep walkers motivated!
- Make sure you make your way over to the auction area. There you will find our “Teacher Treats” and Silent Auction items. Teachers go above and beyond to create a unique experience that allows your student to spend quality time with their teacher. You will also be able to bid on graduation seats, musical performances and more. All money raised via the Teacher Treats and Silent Auction goes directly to SMTF. The children love it as well, it’s a win win for everyone!
- Dress your child for the event and the weather. We walk rain or shine. Think hats, sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and possibly sweatshirts. Parents and supporters who aren’t walking may want to bring a field chair.